my apologies that this blog has become kind of a grump fest lately! i'm really not an unhappy person, but i've sure come across that way lately. i tend to use the blog as a more of a venting tool than anything. but, i decided i need to post some positives, just to prove i'm not a sour grapes all the time person!
1. the bf came home early (for him) last night bearing gifts (a dairy queen blizzard). we settled in on the couch to catch up on a couple of episodes of dexter, one of our fave shows. (sick, right? i know, but i love it anyway!)
2. i am working through a refinance of my house that would mean a normal, fixed rate 30 year mortgage at a very good rate. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the appraisal today!
3. i got a 30/20 on a school paper. yes, you read that right. 30/20. that has NEVER happened. never. yahoo!
3. school for this session is over on sunday, and then i have four weeks off! i am sooo looking forward to the break!
4. we found out last week that we are getting paid for THREE extra days off during the holiday that we were originally told would be off without pay. this means i have SIX paid days off over christmas and new years (and two VERY long weekends)! Hurrah!
5. i made it to the playoffs in fantasy football, and i think i have a good chance of winning this week. even if i don't win, i made it to the playoffs! yay!
6. i was able to see my bff from kansas a few weeks ago while she was staying with her parents in iowa. i got to play with her adorable little boy and spend some time catching up with her.
7. had time last night to get a new lasagna recipe put together to bake tonight. also tried out a new sugar cookie recipe. cookies were yum, hopefully the lasagna is just as good tonight!
8. did i mention i have SIX DAYS OFF over the holidays? okay, just checkin.