so i ended up canceling the doctor's appointment for kolby on friday and scheduled an appointment with a chiropracter instead. we waited for about 45 minutes to be told this:
1. she would not do an adjustment because she didn't want to flare anything up.
2. if kolby got any worse over the weekend, we were to take him to the emergency room.
3. if kolby developed a fever over the weekend, we were to take him to the emergency room.
4. she wanted him to see a medical doctor and get x-rays.
5. she wouldn't charge us for the visit. (thank GOD.)
my little gimpy boy limped all weekend long. he seemed to be improving yesterday though and today woke up with no limp and no pain. i did schedule an appointment for him with my family practice doctor at the smaller clinic on wednesday for a physical. we will of course tell her about the leg but i don't know if she will be able to tell much now that he is feeling better. but, at least she will meet him and we will begin to acclimate him to the new clinic.
i am hoping this was a fluke and the pain won't flare up again. keep your fingers crossed for us!