5.27.2008

welcome back, valued employees, welcome back

had to chuckle at this notice in my email this morning from company t:

You may have noticed the number of dirty dishes being left on the counter in the lunchroom again. As the note on the cupboard, with the big red arrow indicates, everyone is responsible to CLEAN UP THEIR OWN DISHES. We have provided dish soap and scrubbers to help with the process.
Please remember that your Mom doesn’t work here (and if she does, her job isn’t to do your dishes), so let’s all do our part and clean up after ourselves. If we continue to have problems, all permanent dishes and utensils will be removed from the lunchroom and any reusable dishes left on the counter will be thrown out.

3 comments:

Guacaholic said...

As an office manager (ultimately responsible for facility appearance at a 200+ person manuacturing plant), I can feel the pain of whomever sent that.

You would be surprised by how many people like to leave a mess for an admin/receptionist/office mgr to clean up - kind of an A/P clerk's way of assuring herself that she's not the lowest rung on the totem pole. Ugh.

"Kate! The drain traps in the bathroom need cleaning!" has been my favorite thus far. Cinderelly, Cinderelly...

I'm not disgruntled at all! :)

Minnesota Girl said...

No, I don't blame her either. I just LOVE this message. And the mother part is actually pretty funny because there is at least one mother-daughter pair here.

Guacaholic said...

I loved the mom part too - I totally wish I could plagiarize that during my next nastygram email!